Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Friday, August 10, 2018 to Sunday, August 12, 2018
Executive Council Meeting
Diversity statement: Our goal is to create an inclusive, respectful environment that invites participation from people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, and sexual orientations. We value diversity in the communities we bring together and strive to provide balanced representation of the richness of our collective human experience, and welcome your contributions to helping us achieve that goal.
Registration cancellations will be accepted until July 10, 2018 at 6:00 PM
Registration fees will be refundable before the 10th July 2018. After this date we will not be able to refund registrations.
(Click the down-arrow to the left of the activity/item to view the details)
ECM-128, Sydney, Australia
Welcome to Sydney and to ECM-128! Here you will find all information regarding ECM-128 and other events.
ECM-128 is to be held at the SMC in the central business district of Sydney. Because of the Sydney Science Festival Powerhouse-VSA Event: Invisible Forces: Changing the World which will be held on Sunday the 12th of August at 2pm, we may move the venue of the ECM to the Powerhouse Museum in order for everyone to easily attend the Sunday afternoon event.
The Powerhouse Museum is about a 15 minute walk from the SMC Conference and Function Centre.
IUVSTA delegates have a number of options regarding registration fees:
- Early bird registration for one participant (Register before 10th July 2018)
- Registration without accommodation (you book your own accommodation) ~200 Euro ($310 AUD)
- Registration with accommodation (we book your accommodation for up to two days) ~460 Euro ($712 AUD)
- Early bird registration for one participant and guest (Register before 10th July 2018)
- Registration without accommodation (you book your own accommodation) ~360 Euro ($560 AUD)
Registration with accommodation (we book your accommodation for up to two days) ~600 Euro ($930 AUD)
- Registration after 10th July 2018 add 50 Euro to all prices above.
Registration with accommodation includes breakfast.
All Registration also includes:
- Two lunches
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Two dinners
We have arrangements with five SMC affiliated hotels close by and offer these hotels in our registration package given above. For single or double room accommodation with breakfast included. Hotels ranging from 3.8-4.1 stars are:
If you have indicated on registration that you wish us to book a hotel for you then you will be directed to a form that will allow you to choose a specific hotel. If you select more than one hotel on this form we will assume that you don't mind which one is chosen by us.
Participants have the ability to pay with credit card, PayPal, or through direct bank transfer. Bank transfer details are:
Bank name: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
BIC/SWIFT Code: CTBAAU2S
BSB number: 063583
Account number: 10107774
Account Name: VACUUM SOCIETY OF AUSTRALIA
Address: UNIT 2 42 MELISSA ST
DONVALE VIC 3111, AUSTRALIA
Message for recipient: ECM-128 and give your name
IBANs are not used in Australia. However, payers in certain countries may require one. In that case, the BSB and account number should be combined. Do not include any spaces or hyphens. That is:
IBAN/Account Number: 06358310107774
- You can setup registration without initially paying. Once our system stores your details (see walk through on link below) you will be able to return to your registration to pay, and include yourself on other activities which we may add over the next few weeks.
- A walk through to Register is given here.